Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers, grandmothers, and mother figures out there!

 I am lucky today to have my mom visiting for the weekend from Manitoba.  We are taking in a touring Broadway production of "Beauty and the Beast" here in Regina and I will be treating her to supper.  I don't get to spend time with my mom often enough so I am thrilled to have her here for a few days.  My kids are excited to have their "Nana" here too and are creating a cake for her to celebrate Mother's Day. 
This is a picture of us visiting her at Christmas time-I need to take some more with her this weekend!
 
Today I wanted to share a quick card that I made for my mom when she graciously took our kids for a weekend so Jordan and I could have a quiet weekend away (both of our mom's live in another province so this RARELY happens!)
 
This card uses the Comfort Cafe Designer Series paper that I love with some other vintage touches.  I added a single flower from the Flower Trim in the spring catalogue (#126869) and this catalogue retires this month too! 
 
The lace ribbon is the 5/8" Crochet trim (#118481) from the main catalogue (thankfully it is sticking around!).  The greeting was from the Vintage Verses Sale-a-bration set from this year.  I added a few pearls to dress it up a bit.
 
I stamped with Midnight Muse and used it for the card base as well. 
 
I hope you like it!  Stop by this week for more samples using retiring products!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Kari I love this Thank You card. So clean and simple. TFS.

    ReplyDelete