Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Adorable Glittery Ornaments

Welcome back! 

Well, the Christmas Season is in full swing and I have been busy creating cards, gifts, gift boxes, treats, home decor, and other fun decorations.

 Today I thought I would share share some of the cute, glittery ornaments I created for a class and then made with my kids.  I CASED these from my sister-in-law, Alanna Wharf (www.sleeplessstamper.com).

     1.   To create these ornaments, pour in some floor wax with minwax or Future Shine (I used   Pledge) into a glass ornament. 

2.  Slowly turn the ornament so the entire surface inside gets coated with the wax.  Pour out the excess. 

3.  Using a funnel, add in some extra fine glitter and swirl it around to coat the inside.  Again, pour out the excess. 

4.  Pop the top on and decorate!  It is that easy and you get a huge impact for little effort (my kind of crafting!)

 Here are the characters we created:



 
All of our punched pieces were attached with Glue dots.  We added Stampin' Up! ribbon to hang them on our tree.  They are super cute and easy enough that my 3& 5 year olds were each able to create one with minimal help. 
 
Hope you like them!  Check back soon for some more fun ideas!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Kari-lynn, your projects are so adorable! What an easy-peasy creation!
    Absolutely love these...following you now,
    Hugs,
    Sharon
    you may visit and follow me at my blog:
    http://inspirationalgreetingsbysharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! I am heading over to your blog too! Thanks for popping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project idea! I have been looking for a way to incorporate sand into an ornament project and this wax trick might work. Does it stay put? I love your blog! Great style! Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Audrey! It stays put really well! I had used other techniques before and this floor wax has worked the best by far! Good luck with the sand! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete