Friday, September 6, 2013

Magnificent Maple .

It is sure starting to look like fall here in Regina!  We have had great warm weather here (finally after a strangely cool summer) but our leaves are definitely changing!  It seems that as soon as the calendar turned, so did the leaves!  I do love fall and especially the fall colors.  Today I wanted to share some fall cards featuring the new single Magnificent Maple stamp (#131868) from the Holiday catalogue along with some of those fabulous colors.
This card was one I created for my technique club in August.  I cased the layout from Alanna Wharf (my sister-in-law and upline!).  To get the fun background, I inked the chevron embossing folder with Crushed Curry ink (which I am really enjoying playing with!).  Then I ran my vanilla cardstock through that in the big shot and you get this fun background.  I used espresso embossing powder to heat emboss the Magnificent Maple stamp.  Then I added some color (crushed curry, cajun craze, and cherry cobbler) with my aqua painters.  To embellish the card, I added the new chevron ribbon, and bitty banner greeting, and heat embossed a gold brad with espresso embossing powder.  I was really happy with the result! 

This card was one I received in a Canadian demonstrators swap that I joined.  I am not sure who created this one but I really like the colors.  I love the Sweater Weather Designer Paper.  The fall oranges, yellow, and browns are softened by the addition of Soft Sky.  I can't wait to do some scrapbooking with this!

This was a swap card I received by fellow Canadian demo Christyne Richardson.  You can check out her blog here.  She also featured the Sweater weather paper along with the Maple Leaf stamp.  It is just lovely, simple and understated.
 
Come back soon for some more fall inspired cards!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment