Saturday, February 9, 2013

Gorgeous Swallowtail

 
I am IN LOVE!!  I adore this new Swallowtail stamp from the Spring Catalogue!!  It is simple to stamp that single image but it adds oh so much WOW factor to your card.  There are so many possibilities of color combinations to color him that the hardest part is choosing one!  I googled "swallowtail pictures" the other day and a wide array of stunning butterflies came up.  I can't wait to experiment some more! 



This is the first combo I went with-Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise.  I stamped the image with versamark ink (on glossy cardstock) and heat embossed it using black embossing powder.  I used my aqua painter pens to add the colors.  I layered more color on the areas I wanted to be darker.  I let it dry and punched and layered some shapes for the sentiment along with a couple of rhinestones.  I was really happy with the finished result on an easy card to create. 

I shared this card with my downline at my team meeting and it became our make'n'take for the night.  I hope you like it as much as we did!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I keep seeing beautiful things made with this stamp and yours is no exception. I have held off buying it as it is just not "me", then I see something like this and am very tempted. I love the colours you chose too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, you are making me want this set! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did this. I have the stamp but haven't played with it yet.

    ReplyDelete